Lunenburg Town Hall Lunenburg, NS
Lunenburg Town Hall was originally built in 1893. The project delivered by G.F. Duffus Ltd. (now part of DSRA) involved an condition assessment of the masonry envelope. The report indicated that urgent repairs needed to be undertaken immediately. The project was split into two phases: Phase A encompassed the south and east elevations and was undertaken in 2008, while Phase B included the remaining north and west elevations and was completed in 2011. The completed project included: the removal and resetting of decorative brick veneer, with additional wall ties as was required; repointing wall joints and granite masonry; the restoration of the historic wood windows, doors and dormers wherever possible and replacement with new units were necessary.